DIGITAL ART & GAME DEVELOPMENT COURSE
It is introductory level, filled with creativity, 16 hours course for girls during which
they will be introduced to the world of digital art and game creation.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The game development industry is a playground for creative minds. The course combines both creative and technical aspects of game development allowing young girls to learn digital skills and explore their imagination by developing a video game.
In this course girls will get to:
- Outline a story line and create a character
- Learn artistic aspect of video games and design a visual world
- Develop a video game
By the end of the course each girl will take home a fully playable game. It can be a great way to raise girls self-confidence in computer science and help them to get to know their talents.
- Storytelling and Pixel Art
- Game Art & Game Design
- Construction3 - Game Making Software
- Introduction to Java Script programming
with an instructor
Fee: - 240 CHF
Age: 12-16 years old
Summer Camp Dates:
13 - 14th July
Online: Link to the online room will be shared 24 hours before the start of the course. Lunch time: 12:30 – 13:30
Prerequisite: Each participant should have an access to a computer with fully functional camera and microphone and; with a modern browser like Chrome or Safari
Please let us know
if you have any questions:
By the end of the course, we strongly encourage girls to join our Girls Tech Playground community on Instagram to continue developing skills and knowledge about different career opportunities in the digital age together in a fun way.
WHY GAME DEVELOPMENT?
- A recent study reveals that playing video games under certain conditions is linked to improved creativity
-The game development industry may be considered a playground for creative minds.
- A team of game developers is made up of audio experts, designers, writers, programmers, concept artists, 2D artists, 3D artists, technical directors, and creative directors to name a few.
Lisa Manolache is a passionate game developer with a degree in Art and Design. Lisa, started to develop an interest in video games since she was little and now she is doing a Master's Degree in Game Art and 3D Animation at SAE Institute in Geneva. Lisa is excited to help with young girls to explore their creativity through game development.